Ojibway Camp Recreation and Facilities Operations Staff - Summer 2021
Every summer the Ojibway Club employs about 50 people, ages 15 and up. Facilities Operations positions include Food & Beverage, Retail and Housekeeping. Some positions, like the maintenance staff, begin in May and work through September. Camp Counsellors start one week before Camp opens and finish on the last day of camp. Please find the various job applications below. If you're interested, please complete the appropriate online application and send along on or before deadline date. You may just be on the way to the best summer job of your life! Suitably qualified children of active members are given priority status in the application process. All 2020 staff must reapply for 2021.
*Please note that our COVID-19 protocols will be updated in Spring 2021 to ensure compliance with government directives in place at that time.*
Applications for Ojibway Camp Counsellors are due January 15, 2021 and March 1 for CITs so don't delay! Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Applications for Facility Operations Positions are due January 15, 2021. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
OJibway Camp Employment 2021
We are very pleased to have Scott Ballon as our new Recreation Manager for 2021. Confirmation of our Recreation Supervisory Team will be provided once the Club can asssess whether restrictions around COVID-19 will prevent our American and international staff members from working with us in the summer of 2021. Note: Scroll to bottom of page to review the details and expectations of the variuos Recreation Positions available.
We plan to run camp for 8 weeks from July 5th to August 27th, 2021 and we are looking for energetic staff to fill positions including Recreation Head, Rec Assistant, camp counsellors and CITs (counsellor in training). If hired, you are required to participate in a mandatory pre-camp training session which is tentatively scheduled for June 28-29th, 2021. All members who are interested in applying to work in the Ojibway Recreation Program are encouraged to check out the expectations for each job description (links below).
Ojibway Club Operations Employment 2021
There are a variety of interesting and rewarding full and part-time summer employment positions available at the Ojibway Club in operations.
All positions require flexibility with scheduling as shifts include both weekends and evenings. Our full-time positions require a commitment of availability from late June to early September inclusive . The Club's recruitment process secures full-time positions first and then augments with part-time positions.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Office - responsible for assisting with member services on a daily basis including: reservations/bookings, payment processing, communications by email, phone, & in-person, clerical tasks, & more. Ideal individuals possess a willingness to assist members, are team oriented, reliable, trustworthy, and focused on attention to detail.
- Housekeeping - responsible for keeping our Club facilities (including clubhouse, out buildings, laundry & rental cottages) clean and functional.
- Grocery Store - responsible for assisting with day to day tasks & responsibilities that provide outstanding, attentive service to our members & guests in the on-site Grocery store.
- Gift Shop - suits energetic, service-oriented individuals who engage customers and build relationships while being knowledgeable about the products available in our Gift Shop.
- Snack Bar - ideal individuals are team oriented, focused on attention to detail, organized and enjoy a fast-paced food service environment that is committed to customer service. As well, when requested they assist with set-up and provide table service to diners on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and for private (and social events) throughout the season.
- Kitchen Steward - suits individuals who like to work both independently and as part of a team. Key responsibilities include: wash dishing, receiving & stocking products and supplies, prep work, assisting others with overall care of kitchen, floors, tabling & equipment.
- Maintenance - assisting with the ongoing upkeep of our facilities, including outdoor & indoor maintenance to our building & grounds.
While experience in any of these areas is an asset, we are most interested in hiring individuals who are reliable, team-oriented and committed to providing outstanding service and a premium will be placed on applicants who demonstrate these qualities.
Access to the island is by boat, making employment at the Ojibway Club best suited to those with a boat who live in the area during the summer. For those applicants who require accommodation, there are a limited number of rooms available for staff. Please specify if you need accommodation and note that a $50 per week charge may apply, along with a damage/cleaning deposit of $100. Please prioritize your preferences when completing the 2021 Operations Staff online Application Form.
Applications for Facility Operations Positions are due January 15, 2021.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Internships are available to children of Members who are 14-16 years old. One-week internships at the Club are in the areas of Maintenance, Grocery Store, Gift Shop, Office, Kitchen and Snack Bar. These opportunities provide valuable work experience for teenagers who are just starting to build their résumés. Interns are paid $50/week and receive documentation of Community Volunteer Service Hours for your their High School Diploma (where applicable). Positions are filled on a first come, first served basis. 15 year olds are given priority.
Interested applicants should fill in the Intern Online Application form and submit by March 31st, 2021.
We look forward to another great year providing the Ojibway community with a dynamic program for all campers to enjoy a unique camp experience on Georgian Bay!
Expectations of Recreation employees:
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Staff
- Expectations for Ojibway Recreation Head
- Expectations for Assistant Recreation Head
- Expectations for Swimming Instructors
- Expectations for Canoeing, Kayaking Instructors
- Expectations for Arts+Crafts Instructors
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Counsellors
- Expectations for CIT Head
- CIT Feedback Forms