Birchwood is located along the path between the Ojibway Hotel and Elmwood Cottage. One of the first cottages built on the island, Birchwood is a single-storey, cedar-sided, three bedroom (sleeps six) and two bathroom cottage. Features include an original, screened-in porch across the front, hardwood floors, tongue and groove cedar interior, brick fireplace and fully-equipped kitchen. It’s perfect for a large family who wants to take advantage of all that the Ojibway has to offer.
Elmwood is our largest cottage. It is just a short walk along a path from the old hotel. This rambling, two-storey cottage has a wide screened-in verandah that spans the entire front of the cottage - perfect for reading, outdoor dining or just sitting and watching the Ojibway world go by. The main floor includes a large dining room and kitchen, a living room with a cobblestone fireplace and a bedroom with an adjoining bathroom. Upstairs you'll find four bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Elmwood will accommodate 10 and is ideal for two families to share.
Just beyond Elmwood is Basswood. This two bedroom cottage sits right on the water with its own dock and amazing sunset views through large picture windows. Unlike the other cottages, it has a spacious deck across the front. The interior features an open concept kitchen, dining and living area with a cobblestone fireplace. It also features indoor and outdoor showers and will comfortably accommodate a family of four. During the Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016, Basswood underwent a complete renovation and refurbishment.
A brand new rental cottage (“Pinewood”) was completed in July of 2020. Pinewood is located on the original site of Hamilton Davis' own cottage, just down the channel from the grocery store (it incorporates the original fireplace!). Designed by ERA Architects (the firm who have led the refurbishment of the main clubhouse), it boasts 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an open-concept kitchen/dining/living room, a generous screened-in porch, and a private dock. While in keeping with the historic style of the Ojibway Club, everything is brand new – the building, as well as all the furnishings. It is spectacular!
2021 Rental Weeks (* New for Pinewood and Elmwood Check-in & Check-out Friday - Friday)
|Week 1||Jun 25 - July 2|
|Week 2||July 2 - 9|
|Week 3||July 9 - 16|
|Week 4||July 16-23|
|Week 5||July 23 - 30|
|Week 6||July 30 - August 6|
|Week 7||August 6 - 13|
|Week 8||August 13 - 20|
Aug 20-Aug 27
The 2021 Rental rates plus HST;
2021 Rental Weeks (* New for Birchwood and Basswood Check-in & Check-out Saturday - Saturday)
|Week 1||Jun 26-Jul 3|
|Week 2||July 3 -10|
|Week 3||July 10-17|
|Week 4||July 17-24|
|Week 5||July 24 - 31|
|Week 6||July 31 - August 7|
|Week 7||August 7 - 14|
|Week 8||August 14 - 21|
Aug 21-Aug 28
Aug 28-Sept 4
The 2021 Rental rates plus HST; (Note: Prices are reviewed annually and any increases are updated in February of each year)
Week 1 thru 10 - $2,887.50 +HST
Week 1 thru 10 - $3,675.00 +HST
Week 1 thru 10 - $2,992.50 +HST
Week 1 thru 9 - $3,412.50 +HST
* Check-in after 6 pm. Check-out before 10 am.
For the convenience of all guests please strictly adhere to Check-in/Check-out times. There are no pets allowed in the cottages or on the Ojibway island.Cottage
Cottage Renter essential documents - Complete and submit the following:
(online form links or printable pdf below)
Renting our rustic, but comfortable cottages affords many unique benefits & amenities:
- Membership privileges for Tennis, Tuesday and Thursday night Dinners, Ojibway Camp and other activities at the Club during your stay. Additional costs may apply.
- Easy walk to the Grocery Store and Gift Shop which stock everything from lovely hostess gifts to gourmet dinner ingredients
- Each cottage is equipped with functional, propane fireplaces
- Outdoor propane BBQ for renters’ exclusive use
- On site emergency support from the General Manager and Maintenance Manager
- Free provision of in-cottage towels for each Guests use during their stay. Lost or damaged towels will incur a replacement charge. Towels are for in-cottage use only; Guests must provide their own Beach towels.
- Convenient Gas dock located by main docking facilities
- Bedding exchange supplied for multiple week renters. Light housekeeping maybe available upon request for a fee. This service includes and is limited to; replacement of bed linens, spot vacuuming of main living area, surface cleaning/dusting of kitchen counters and tables.
- Safe and scenic Walking Trails
- Some cottages have additional amenities that include private dock, swimming/sunning raft and outdoor shower. Listed amenities do not apply to all cottages.
- Week rentals receive one complimentary “Dinner for Two". Offer valid for registered Cottage Guests. Subject to availablility, no substitutions. Not transferable, no cash value.
- Vehicle parking & Water Taxi service to and from the Island is available at a number of local marinas. Third Party operator, additional costs apply.
To confirm availability, reserve your cottage getaway or for additional information please email our General Manager, Mark Gienow at email@example.com or call 905-321-6415.